Sunday, January 27, 2013

Oxidative Capacity, Physiological Adaptations

Hello Everyone, and thanks for reading my blog!

A lot has been going on, and I'm sure I will touch on a few of those minor items, but today I would like to focus on what it means to get "better" as a runner.

I just completed my first 5k of the new year, and my speed is at least holding up, despite some weather affects, and of course the large clothing I have to wear for running in this Wintery weather. 

To start with, I would like to offer the following blog post from our folks at www.MoxyMonitor.com :

http://my.moxymonitor.com/blog/bid/258422/The-Role-of-Physiological-Adaptation-in-Endurance-Performance

As I continue to train, and put on a lot of miles (at least I think I am) some of the gains are coming.  But I am finding that I can run and run and run, and not get better very quickly.  I am looking forward to maintaining a good pace for this season, and I have already started out a minute faster than I started last season.  Now the challenge is to find an actual "program" to do it with.  Based on all the information I am reading, there are at least 3 modes of training that I need to include every week: Pace or Tempo Runs, Interval Training, and Long Slow Runs (for Endurance).

Looks like its about time for me to get a plan together and hit the road hard with it. 

I also am trying to push up my "long" runs, so I can squeeze in a Half or two this season. 

Hope everyone is having a great Winter.

Thanks for reading my blog!
Stu

No comments:

Post a Comment