Monday, September 17, 2012

Bit by a Dog, Moxy Sensor Update, Tyler Stewart Quote, Interbike 2012

Hi Everyone!  Thanks for reading my blog!

Bit by a Dog
Yes, it is true.  Last week I had the amazing experience (poor choice of words) of getting my first dog bite as a runner.  It's a bit coincidental because I was just reading an article in Runner's World magazine about two brothers who were brutally attacked (October 2012, page 82).  The story starts out with a picture of a pit bull, and a pair of running shoes and socks covered in blood.  They are carrying the physical and psychologic scars of the attack years later.

My experience wasn't that bad, at least it didn't turn out with any piercing bites or scars.  But when a dog comes at you, circles around from the side or behind you, don't turn your back.  Trust me on that one.  Makes me think about getting some pepper spray...




Moxy Sensor Status
We are having great success with the Moxy sensor.  Even though its just a prototype, it's working very well.  The sensor is now wireless, and the data is displayed real-time onto a wrist watch type device. 

However, as is the nature of prototypes, there are some issues with sweat.  We've even put a temporary fix in place - the ziplock bag.  It continues to perform well, and is really catching on with our Developers group.  Check it out on the Forum page at www.moxymonitor.com .




Tyler Stewart Quote
Professional Triathlete Tyler Stewart recently posted on her blog the following quote, so I wanted to share it with all of you:

"People often ask me what drives me to keep racing. I compete as a way of keeping myself sharp. While I think a lot of people race to compete against others, I race more to compete against myself. Each race I do I learn something — whether it’s a weakness, a fear or a strength I didn’t know I had, what I learn in each race gives me a better understanding of who I am and helps me to become a better person off the race course."
You can read Tyler Stewart's blog at
http://www.strengthperformance.com/profile/TylerStewart .



Interbike 2012
The entire MoxyMonitor Team - me, Roger and Larry - are heading to the Interbike 2012 show in Las Vegas this week.  Wish us luck as we go down to the desert to show off our Moxy Monitor.  We will be using an exercise bike, and will take readings on visitors to our booth.  The link to the conference is at www.interbike.com .

As always - Thanks for reading my Blog!!!

Stu


No comments:

Post a Comment