Thursday, May 10, 2012

Today I was finally able to take my new Motorola MOTOACTV out for a run.  I did 3 miles at 5:30 this morning.  It was great for a run - cool breeze, no rain - and Billions of Bugs!  It was hard to breath at times. 

Back to the MOTOACTV: great device.  Looks and feels like the iPod Nano - clip-on, or wrist worn, or strap-on.  Plays music - which I found out I really like - plus its a GPS with all the workout feedback and analysis I want.  Only knock on this thing - it chews up battery a bit too fast.  I think they've got some software upgrades that are helping.  Wouldn't be good for a marathon - but for anything shorter it would be great.  As I got close to home, a voice came through my headphones telling me to be sure to hydrate soon (cool!). 

One more thing about MOTOACTV - it's using the new Bluetooth LE (low energy) for wireless communication - and our Muscle Oxygen device will be communicating with it by the end of Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment