Monday, August 13, 2012

Inside Triathlon Magazine Article - Checking Your Intensity

Hello Everyone - and thanks for reading my blog...

I don't expect a lot of traffic on this post.  Sure - it's small - but the link I put in (below) really hits home with the Moxy Muscle Oxygen Monitor. 

The gentleman who it's about - Mr. Neal Henderson from the Boulder Center for Sports Medicine in Boulder, Colorado - talks about the role exercise intensity plays in the optimization of the athlete's workout time and effort.  Never have I seen an article that explains better (although it get's a bit technical) the role of low intensity workouts for even the highest performing athletes.

Note that he talks about all the right metrics, but metrics that are hard to capture: VO2Max and
Lactate.  Moxy can provide so much mobility to the assessment that these two just can't accomplish.

Enough for now - I will let it stand on it's own merits.  However, for you hardcore athletes that actually read the article - please send me your comments, or give me a call!!!

Thanks again for reading my blog!

http://triathlon.competitor.com/2012/08/training/checking-your-intensity_59521

No comments:

Post a Comment