Sunday, August 5, 2012

5K Performance, Moxy Muscle Oxygen Monitor Debut, Interbike 2012

Hey everyone!  Thanks for reading my blog.

Increasing Performance
Had a great day yesterday.  I ran a 5K race in my home town.  It was a fairly flat course by any standard, and the weather was PERFECT!  There was no sun, cool temps, somewhat of a threat of rain, so my chances of getting too hot were slimmed down dramatically.  I ran a personal best, cutting over two minutes from my Memorial Day race time.  I think the interval training I talked about in a previous post is paying off.  In fact I'm looking forward to doing an endurance run today!

Moxy Muscle Oxygen Monitor Debut!
I was also quite excited (and very surprised) to see that the Moxy Muscle Oxygen Monitor was present at the race and being worn by two runners (myself being one of them).  The other runner approached me after the race and we were able to exchange observations about our SmO2 numbers and general comments about how the device is working.  Both of us wore the device before warm-ups, during warm-ups, during the race, and during warm-downs.  It's interesting to see how the numbers follow the activity.


Moxy Monitor, New Strap, Wrist Watch Display




Interbike 2012
Roger (my partner at Fortiori and inventor of Moxy) and I are making plans to attend the 2012 Interbike Conference in Las Vegas, September 19-21.  Here's their description of the show:

"Interbike is the premier cycling trade event in North America with more than 750 companies representing more than 1,200 brands - a one stop opportunity to connect with the entire industry, discover emerging trends and learn new business ideas at Interbike University. Pick your passion and find your people. From BMX to Triathlon, to OutDoor Demo and beyond. Interbike is more than just about the companies attending, it's about the company you'll be keeping. And it only happens once a year. Come for the Culture, Stay for the Show."

I will keep you posted on what happens at Interbike.


The Moxy Muscle Oxygen Monitor development team (www.moxymonitor.com) is driving hard to get the product to market, and get this tool into the hands of athletes that would benefit from seeing directly and instantaneously what is happening in their muscles during workouts. Maximizing the efficiency of their workout, and maximizing the progress towards their performance goals, will always be our priority.  Also, check out the developers forum for updates from real users of the device - it's in the Forum tab on the www.moxymonitor.com web site.

As always - thanks for reading my blog.

Stu

No comments:

Post a Comment